Access Queens is the go-to source for real-time transit info in Western Queens. We are a community-based organization located in Sunnyside, providing a voice for the transportation and infrastructure needs of residents in New York City’s most diverse Borough. Access Queens is a volunteer coalition of local residents committed to sustaining vibrant, diverse communities through advocacy and partnership.
Social Media Manager
Access Queens is seeking a Social Media Manager for its 7 Train Blues℠ social media presences. 7 Train Blues℠ includes a Facebook group with more than 2,300 members and @7trainblues on Twitter. This is a part-time, volunteer position that has the potential to lead to a credit-based internship.
Engage with the community to encourage conversation and information sharing — tone must be customer-focused, constructive, respectful in the face of disagreement/stressful situations, and supportive of Access Queens’ mission and goals.
- Share pertinent articles and information with members
- Monitor posts for adherence to Access Queens Community Guidelines, and follow established procedures for resolving posts that violate those standards
- Approve new members and screen accounts that could generate spam
- Provide new members with Community Guidelines
- Identify new members who are are journalists and media professionals and provide our Fair Use/Media policies
- Curate content from posts to share across other social media outlets
- Monitor account activity, retweet and respond as appropriate
- Share pertinent articles and information
- Cross-post from Facebook, Instagram
- Add accounts to be followed
- Monitor comment stream and inbox
- Keep track of video views
- Attend group meetings (one time a month)
- Assist in Access Queens events (as necessary)
- Familiarity or mastery of social media management.
- Understanding of social media trends and shareable content.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Conflict management skills.
This role is remotely-based. Applicants do not need to live Queens, but must be well-versed in community issues affecting Queens residents. Access Queens strives to represent the World’s Borough. We value and celebrate the diversity of Queens and encourage all interested applicants to apply.
Apply Today with your cover letter and resume
We are an equal opportunity employer.