Opened on October 13, 1925, shuttle service then ran between 111th Street and Alburtis Avenue, which we now know as 103rd Street–Corona Plaza. The 7 Line was extended to Mets–Willets Point on May 7, 1927, and to Flushing–Main Street on January 21, 1928. Between 1955 and 1956, the platforms at 111th St were extended to accommodate 11-car trains (Wikipedia). Today, there four track. The center two are used as yard leads to nearby Corona Yard. The express track bypasses the station on a flyover track above the level of the platforms (NYCSubway.org).
|Birthday||October 13, 1925|